Who will benefit the most?
The ideal student and aspiring champion speller:
- Has an excellent work ethic.
- Has excellent study skills.
- Is organized.
- Has passion and drive.
- Has high aspirations (i.e., to compete at the national level).
- Is not merely looking for help with basic spelling skills or solely to qualify for a district bee.
- Is willing to put in hours of study for months on end.
- Is fascinated by the English language and its many idiosyncracies...or idiosyncrasies!
- Has great support from friends and family.
- Is at least in the fourth grade.